Friday, October 18, 2013

Another Family United!

Airport reunions for adoptive families are such a sweet thing to witness! My dear friend and her newly adopted daughter finally arrived home on Wednesday around noon! It was so heartwarming to see her biological children leave the so-called barrier and race to their mother and to see little L remember her daddy and go straight to him! I loved seeing the siblings interact with their new sister! After two long years, their family was finally united!
After the airport, we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch--L's first meal on American soil! While at the restaurant, K transferred six videos that they had taken of Ajay and Smita while at the orphanage onto my computer! Words cannot begin to express what a treasure these videos are to us! K also took the time to share more about where our children are living right now.
Before we parted ways, K gave me this beautiful elephant wall-hanging from lndla!!! The details are amazing! I could not believe how well it matched my decor. She really did a great job picking this one out! I know exactly where I'm going to hang it, too. I have been searching for months for something to put in the hallway connecting Ajay's bedroom to his bathroom. From that location, it will also be visible from the living room. Perfect!!! It was so sweet of my friend to think of me!
We are so thankful that there is one less orphan in the world! Our children, who shared a home with little L, will be able to see her again one day soon. God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment