Tuesday, November 26, 2013

You Have Not Forgotten Us




Sunday was awesome at CrossPointe Church.  We were humbled and blessed as our church prayed over us and our adoption journey.  We are so thankful for our church family and for the support that they have given to us, even before we really knew who they were. 

At the close of the service, the praise band played this song:  Sovereign Over Us.  The lyrics about brought me to tears over a year ago when I first heard it because it spoke to right where we were at--waiting on the Lord to work out all of the complex details of our adoption and assuring us that we had not been forgotten even in the weeks and months of silence.  I googled the song lyrics when I got home that day.  When they played this song again on Sunday right before our travel date, I could not stop the tears from flowing.  The words are just so perfect for what we have experienced.  God has been so faithful through it all.  He has not forgotten about us.  He has not forgotten about Ajay and Smita.  He has worked it all out for our good, and we pray that He gets all the glory for it. 

1 comment:

  1. Believe it or not but the Sunday after we heard about Shanti we sang "Sovereign Over Us" I couldn't get through it and since then it's been my anthem for her and every orphan! I love y'all and I'm so so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete